Trend Micro Office Scan Is Secure!
Short background: A while back, our company was doing a lot of consulting work for another company. They gave us new hardware to use for the project (which we eventually bought from them) which came pre-installed with some wonderful software called “Trend Micro Office Scan”.
This little piece of software, for those that don’t know, is an Anti-Virus software for corporate environments. Password protected so you can’t unload it temporarily or even uninstall it. Really really annoying. Regardless, they kinda forgot to give us the password… So we couldn’t remove the AV and install our own. Recently I went looking and found a little “work around” shall we call it. Here’s the short version:
- Open C:\Windows\Ofcscan.ini
- Search for “Uninstall_Pwd=”
- Replace everything after the = sign with “70”
- Line should read “Uninstall_Pwd=70”
- Save File
- Try uninstalling again
- It will ask for a password, enter “1” (yes, just the number one)