As noted previously, Jon and I will be headed to Fanime this year (next month in fact). I finally got my act together earlier this month and started getting my costume and props assembled.
Thus far, I have purchased 2 pairs of glasses, an original resin gun, custom made coat, pants, and gloves.
So… what’s left?
- Getting at least one of the pairs of glasses fitted with my prescription — as has been noted once or twice I wear glasses.
- Paint the gun — it is one of the original officially licensed resin models, as such it requires assembly and painting
- Gather a few more random rings — Vash seems to be wearing a couple on each hand in various images
- Locate some boots with an insane amount of buckles — not sure about this, might just need to attach random buckles to the pants or something
- Test run of gelling my hair to look like Vash
- Shave beard — Vash had some scruff on occasion, but definitely no beard
All in all, I am quite excited about this. Hopefully, all my purchases will arrive in the next week or so and I can figure out what else I have forgotten.