How to: Disassembling (and reassembling) the Globalscale DreamPlug
Warning: There is a warranty sticker on the power supply side of your DreamPlug. Taking things apart generally voids any warranty. Also, if you screw it up and break your DreamPlug, it’s not my fault.
== Disassembly ==
- Step 1 – Remove the power supply.
- Step 2 – Remove the rubber feet — Just grab them and wiggle a bit, they’ll pull straight out.
- Step 3 – Remove the screws — Use a small Philips screw drivers to undo the screw at the bottom of each foot well.
- Step 4 – Gently pry the case apart — Mine basically popped right apart (and the LED indicator panel fell right out).
- Step 5 (Optional) – Gently pull the board away from the top case — Nothing is really holding the board to the top half of the case, so if you simply hold the outside of the board and pull up, it’ll come right off.
== Reassembly ==
- If you removed the board from the top of the case, make sure the holes on the board fit back onto the pegs it rested on.
- If you removed the orange side covers, they will need a little wiggling to get back on. Also make sure that you get them slotted back into the top & bottom covers (there is a little groove all the way around both halves of the case).
- Check to make sure the power supply contacts (the shiny metal bits with red & black wires) are back in place. When I removed the board from the top case, my red contact came off.
- The rubber feet are not identical. 2 of them are round and 2 have corners cut out. The round ones fit into the holes closest to the power supply.
== Pictures ==