It’s Firefox 3.0 Day
Well for those of you that aren’t running Ubuntu 8.04, you might be downloading Firefox 3.0 today and experiencing it for the first time. I won’t give you a long drawn out run down on what is different, what I like and what I don’t. Who cares, either you are going to use it or not. What you want to know is:
How to make your extensions work in Firefox 3.0 (For those that haven’t been updated yet):
- Type the following into your Address bar and hit enter: about:config
- Click “I’ll be careful, I promise”
- Filter for “extensions.checkCompatibility”
- If you find the value, right click on it and “Toggle” it to “False”
- If you don’t have the value. Right click anywhere.
- Click “New” “Boolean”
- Enter the name: extensions.checkCompatibility
- Click Ok, False, Ok
- Exit Firefox & Restart
- TADA! You have all your extensions back.
NOTE: They may not function 100% correctly, but at least you’ll have them until they are properly updated. You may also want to remember to turn off this setting once all your extensions are up-to-date & Compatible.