OpsCrash Episode #1 – A podcast introduction
Welcome to OpsCrash Episode #1, our brand new podcast that covers all sorts of things: technical operations, devops, servers, hosting, production architecture/systems, IT, and the occasional bonus content. While there are a lot of technology podcasts out there already, we felt that the genre of “running the product” was woefully undeserved. Our goal is to provide you a top quality podcast with content you want to hear, every week — so we’ll need your feedback!
This episode was recorded by Josh and I on Sunday, May 8th with a 22 minute run time. Being that it is our first episode there might be some rough spots, but we’re going to work them out with your help.
Topics for this episode:
- Everybody gets WebSockets — I love websockets, so should you.
- Cipherli.st — Strong Ciphers for Apache, nginx and Lighttpd (and postfix, and exim, and openssh and…)
- Tim Sweeney: How the Universal Windows Platform is like Facebook and a boiling frog — UWP might be good… or we might all be screwed.
- Equinix Building New Data Centers in Silicon Valley, New York, Hong Kong — The datacenter isn’t dead, long live the datacenter.
- VRidge Lets Virtual Reality Fans Play Oculus Rift And SteamVR Games Using Google Cardboard — I’m still waiting to hack on a skateboard (and it turns out the movie was 1995, not the 80s)