The Urban Garden gets some guidance
It has only been a few weeks since our last visit to the garden, but it was time for an important upgrade. Tomatoes are a type of shrub and while they grow upwards a good bit, they also REALLY like to grow outwards. If you want to get the most out of tomatoes, they need support and guidance to grow tall, rather than wide. Plus if you’re growing a garden on a patio, like me, and don’t have the space — they doubly need help.
Googling “Tomato Cage” returns a lot of results, but I wasn’t exactly sure what I wanted to use on my patio garden. I ended up purchasing a few things on Amazon for my upgrade:
- Gardener’s Blue Ribbon 3-Pack Ultomato Tomato Plant Cage
- Bond 425 25-Pack 4-Feet Bamboo Stakes
- Gardener’s Blue Ribbon 150 ft Sturdy Stretch Tie
- Master Craft Plant Watering Spikes, Set of 6
- Mudder 3-in-1 Soil Moisture Meter